Re: Clematis & Rocks

> Yep, made a pretty good haul at McDade's. Pat got some of that gooseneck
> loosetrife (?) - thought that stuff was supposed to be invasive? I told
> her to keep an eye on it. She says she wants it to spread.

Lysimachia and Lythrum share the Loosestrife name.  Gooseneck Loosestrife,
Lysimachia clethroides (resembling Clethra - Summersweet) is fast spreading,
but not necessarily invasive as is Purple Loosestrife, Lythrum salicaria.

> didn't listen to me about not buying roses at Wal-mart either and insead
> of getting shrub roses, they are climbers, which is not what she wanted
> at all. And they don't give the effect that she wanted in her spiritual
> garden.

Seems like climbing (stairs to heaven) roses might be worked into a
spiritual garden somehow.

> %&$#@!! about plants!! Jeez. People just won't listen to reason. Do you
> ever feel like you're wasting your breath sometimes??

Much of the time.

Kitty