Re: fireworks NOW flooding

And here I am hoping for rain... (Hard to believe we're in the same state!)
Cathy, west central IL
On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 05:29 AM, Donna wrote:

Yes, I do have another pond for a quarantined area, and many got dumped
into there. The current pond conditions will not kill the fish, but not
the greatest environment but getting better daily.

Did you survive the storm last night? It was the worst and thought for
sure I was up for a repeat of the other day. Pond survived this time
(power is back on already obviously) but my attached screen room is
history! (roof is gone, can't even get out of the back door) Waiting for
the sun ( ok, light)to come out so I can take pictures before heading to
work. Actually ripped off the light fixtures from the house too. Thought
the roof was going too.... We have been fixing all the stuff ruined by
the storms, but this time I am going to have to call the insurance
company... way too much damage out there... that you can see in the
dark.

How is everyone else fairing in these storms? I know a few of us are on
the same weather track...

Suns coming up- talk later,
Donna

Donna,
I hear some relief will be moving into the area later in the week.
Were
you
able to save some of the fish?  Can they be moved to a temporary tank
while
the pond is stabilized?  I don't know anything about ponds, but I can
understand your pain.  Sounds like a lot of work in terrible
conditions
with
not very satisfactory results. I wish you luck.
Kitty