From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 8:58 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Garden design mag.

In a message dated 7/9/03 10:03:18 PM, romans8@comcast.net writes:

<< The latest has a good article
about heritage roses of Dr. Griffith Buck. Roses developed for hardiness for
Iowa & like states. >>

Tony, Dr Buck did his work at ISU.  ISU Reiman Gardens has almost a full
collection of the roses he developed.  He passed away several years ago but
wife & daughter Mary still live in Ames (home of ISU).  Mary gives talks on
roses.  I have several of his roses which are not only hardy (own root
but disease resistant also.