book - Black Magic and Purple Passion

Well I just finished this book and other than the fact that it's written by a Brit, it's pretty good!
I find some of their terminology a bit stilted if not bizarre. Was it
George Bernard Shaw that said the English and Americans are two peoples
separated by a common language?? But I digress...

I like the general approach to the subject at hand, she talks about
pairing dark plants w/ other single colors, their effects and so forth.
Nice comprehensive plant listing, though Lord knows how much of that is
available on this side of the Big Pond. All in all, an interesting read.
I'll bring the book to Hot Springs next weekend so Zem and Jesse can
have a look at it as well.

It's very warm and very humid so I'm popping in and out when Sugar does.
I was only out a little over an hour clearing fallen brush from the
storm last night (more wind than rain alas) and was thoroughly sodden.
Headed back out to finish up, got to get an early start on spraying
roses since you have to do it before the thermometer gets above 85
degrees.

That's about 8:30 or 9:00am here this time of year.

Have a good evening all!

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A