RE: interesting visitor

I am not cold hearted, but most times make wildlife be just that-
wildlife. I only add supplemental food when extreme conditions prevail.
You are really hurting the animals if they have to depend on you to eat.
I am sure you are very faithful in feeding them, but what happens when
you go on vacation, or get ill for a week, or?? ... You have trained
them to rely on you, not find natural food to hunt around them.

Having said that, I grow things for the wildlife around here. Even if I
am not around, it is there for them. Doubt I would get more wildlife if
I put out food daily.

In winter when we have massive storms and there is nothing they can get
too... then I put out some treats. They always seem to find it, even tho
it is not there on a regular bases.

I apply this theory to all wildlife... from raccoons to birds to
anything that wanders in here.

Donna