Re: interesting visitor

In a message dated 7/13/2003 10:43:45 AM Central Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> Should I feed the raccoon family?

Living where I do there is always lots of wildlife.  One night we were
watching the raccoons when they walked out onto the walk and started standing up and
looking out toward the sidewalk.  Then we noticed the red fox standing there.
 There has always been a family of red foxes in the woods across the street
from me, and sometimes they walk around in my yard in the middle of the day.
The skunks, too, are out digging in daylight.  And of course there are too many
deer!  The only animals not eating at my house are the armadillos. <LOL>
Luckily, so far none have tried to burrow in my flower beds, although there are
always lots of dead ones along the highway, and I am thankful the ground hogs
have ignored me, too. A fellow Master Gardener who lives about 50 miles
northeast of me also has panther and bobcats in her woods, but none have been seen in
this area in a few years, and the wild turkeys seem to prefer the bottom land
around here.

zem
zone 7
West TN