what's this - a gardening question?

I have never really been into delphiniums. They were always OK, but for
some reason never made it into the cart -- so to speak.

Anyways, last year I added some. They are not the fancy varieties, just
some purple and blue ones (duh, I can't remember the names and am too
lazy to go outside, hot and humid). Didn't want to buy the pricy ones
till I was sure they would like it here.

Anyways.. never got around to dead heading with everything going on
here, and noticed that they appear to be setting seeds... Am I going to
regret this? Will I have thousands of them next year? Should I run out
there and cut them all off before more hit the ground? Are they all
going to be the same color next year (as in a columbine)

Comments and thoughts folks?

Donna