Re: [CHAT Hibiscus/Monarchs

Hi Donna, looks like a normal bloom for some varieties to me.  Where is David
when you need a Hibiscus expert??  Just speaking from experience, I have
several Hibiscus that start out the season early on as apparent singles and then
as the blooms mature and the heat picks up they get more of their double
appearance.  Perhaps this is what is happening with yours.  Some Hibiscus have
"pompoms" that appear out of the center.  Could also be some mutation that happened
with a particular bloom....although this doesn't appear to be unusual to me.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast