Re: ever seen a...?

Sounds like a hummingbird moth.  They are fascinating - I am supposed to know
what their caterpillar is, but mt memory fails me at this hour of the night.
I'm sure someone else in this crowd will have the technical details - if not,
I'll work it out tomorrow.
Nice night here - temps in the low 70s.  Good night for sleeping.