Re: June vs. Japanese Beetle

yep, no entomologist here either.  I think common names for ANYTHING are
probably regional and thus misleading.  I had a dickens of a time trying to learn
botanicals at first and now remembering them......so I'm definitely staying
away from latin names of bugs, birds, etc.  LOL  Pictures speak volumes though.
Your Jap. beetle sounds beautiful, too bad it is so destructive.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast