RE: mid-july

Being in the same weather pattern, I have to agree with you Kitty... the
weather here has produced a bumper crop of mosquitoes. Here at home it
is not bad, the pond fish take away most of the larva. I have been
careful to dump any standing water around here. I actually got three
bites this year! Um.. I usually get none, something about bad blood...
they land but don't bite me., much to the distress of family and friends
swatting away....

I am so far behind in my garden it is not funny anymore. Seems any free
time is spent fixing some weather related damage. We had another wicked
storm on Thursday and expecting the next one Sunday night. Although I
personally didn't have damage, not far away is a different story. Silos
turned over and moved 75 ft into trees... most older trees are down and
ripped out of the soil. The hail destroyed corn crops. I have never seen
corn uprooted and others the leaves are totally trashed to the ground,
just a half as tall stalk there now. The farmers around here are going
to be hurting over this. Some folks still don't have power and this
includes towns, not rural areas.

On a good note, our pond tour was this weekend. Members worked
frantically getting these yards back in shape, removing trees, fixing
stuff... but they all looked great in time for the Friday Night tour.

Since I get confused easily lately... was this the list talking about
making gazing balls with cut glass? One home has sooooooo many ideas for
this. Yep, I got pictures, but not on the web site yet....

I have no idea what is blooming in my own yard, with this weeks
schedule, I think Tuesday was the last time I toured my own yard!

Donna