Re: Secret Life of Plants

In a message dated 7/19/2003 11:03:05 PM Central Standard Time,
gardenchat-owner@hort.net writes:

> The spring rush to get things done has given way to a plodding pace of
> deadhaeading and problem correcting. Today was a pretty good day except for
> the mosquitoes.  Topped out at only 80 degrees at which time I went to the
> CES office and watched 2 episodes of David Attenborough's Secret Life of
> Plants.  MGs watched and then discussed while eating popcorn for 2 hours

Kitty, read the CHat digest and didn't get past this first paragraph.  I LOVE
the Secret Life of Plants.  I found myself wanting to read more from D.
Attenborough and got several of his books then later.  The pictures in each of his
books is priceless.  He has such a way of describing things that you literally
can visualize it as if one was there, and to put so information and facts
into such an interesting read.  Just wonderful.  If anyone hasn't seen or read at
least THe Secret Life of Plants, I definitely recommend it to ANY plant

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast