Re: Japanese beetles

on 7/20/03 7:49 AM, Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:

requires a certificate

I remember back in the 70's when we used to ship Kentia Palms into
Louisiana.. we had to have a phyto  certificate on Brown Snails. ( with
shell). The whole truck / trailer were inspected before leaving the nrsy.
The plot where the palms were to be selected from, were quarantined for 2-
weeks & had to be baited with a 5 ft perimeter beyond the plot. Quite an
expensive deal , but the price we got more than made up for it.
Hey, it was a scorcher here yesterday. 97 & 59 low. Some nice clouds today,
but warming up fast. Stay tuned.
Hope too many of you didn't get drowned out too much. Stay coooooool.

Tony Veca <><
Another Gr888 Day in Paradise !!!!!
Vancouver, WA  USA