From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of cathy carpenter
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 6:32 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Whopper of a storm tonight! and Happy Birthday!

Did we ever get hammered! At 1AM we were awakened by all three cats
trying to crawl in bed with us. We heard hail (close to 1" diameter)
for at least 30 minutes. When we woke this morning, 1/3 of our large
sycamore was down. Fortunately, it did not land on the house, but
between the two koi ponds (they were not damaged either). I spent all
morning cleaning up the back yard, but DH has to get to work on the
tree with the chain saw. Amazingly, my vegetable garden was minimally
affected.
Cathy