Re: American Gardener/ Gentiana

Hello Kitty,
    Gentiana cruciata is not bad on the foliage department.... not great,
but not bad. Also gets around because it is one of me most tolerant and easy
to grow. Not spectacular in flower, but quietly nice. Agree?? G. sept. is a
small bun with cut foliage, but I think more showy overall. I know that I
certainly have a fascination with them. Trying to make more room in my
garden as I weed so I can add more gentian to my garden.
    Tricyrtis are another close-to-addiction status in my garden. My
'Tiojen' is in bloom now as well. Have up front of shield ferns and
Cimicifuga 'Brunet's. So many great plant to play with.......
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana