Re: how to get rid of a tree?

Donna wrote:

> Thanks, I will attempt to locate this somewhere. At this time it is not
> a large tree- the trunk is maybe an inch. Just trying to get rid of it
> before it gets large and unruly. As I said B4, for what ever reason, I
> can not kill it off successfully.
>
> If I am understanding this correctly- I should once again cut it down,
> pour some of this potassium nitrate into the trunk and my problem will
> be solved?
>
> What other uses is this chemical for? Am I heading to a garden center,
> pharmacy, or feed store?
>
> Donna
>
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'd cut it off as close to the ground as possible, drill
deepest possible hole as wide in diameter as possible
and pour the KNO3 crystals into hole, maybe tamping as
you go. Not guaranteed to solve all your problems...
Sometimes known as saltpeter (saltpetre), available by the
pound cheaply in my drugstore, and likely yours also. Used
for footbaths, I think.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher