Re: TAG

Not Sally Ann, Gene, but IMO RHS 'The Garden' is the BEST gardening
magazine in publication.  Been a member since the mid 80's and it is
the last membership I'd give up.  Although it is written primarily
for the UK membership, RHS realizes there are members from all over
the planet and has been putting in articles either by or about US
gardens as well as those in other parts of the world.  They've
changed their format over the years and just slightly recently -
trying to appeal to a wider audience, but it still contains in depth
articles about assorted genera or hort. issues.

Tried "The Plantsman" last year...was not impressed enough to
continue it another year.  Pretty pricey for what you get IMO.  For
the price of 4 relatively small issues, you can buy a good reference
book or two.   It's about the size of NARGS quarterly and the
exchange rate makes it too expensive for what I got out of it - I get
more out of the NARGS quarterly tho' it is really slanted toward
alpine and rock gardens, as you know.  I suppose, if you stuck with
it for several years, you'd end up with some good information,
but.....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> Hello Sally Ann,
>     Thanks for the recommendation on RHS... assume that is the
Royal