Fw: Mars

Thought you guys might find this as interesting as I do...I can't wait to see it!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

FWD: --- The Red Planet is about to become a spectacular sight! This
month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will
culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded
history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within
34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be the brightest except for the moon
in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear
25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will
look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to

At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10 p.m. and reach
its azimuth at about 3 a.m. By the end of August when the two planets
are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in
the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no
human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the
beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter
throughout the month. Share this with your children and grandchildren.

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.