Peat prices increase.

Hi all....
Perhaps this is the time to stock up on peat moss, if one uses it a lot.
 We were told to expect peat to be harder to find this year and prices to
rise, Canadian peat producers said. According to Gerry Hood, president of
Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss Assoc. who said... "This spring and early summer,
we have experienced very wet weather in our major production areas, resulting
in
one of the poorest harvests in years. Usually by the end of June, the
industry has harvested 30 to 40 percent of its needs. This year, less than
20 percent has been harvested" The weakening US dollar doesn't help
either....it has created a 11% decrease for producers even as labor and shipping costs
have increased.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast