Re: If you have already seen this - or are not a windows user- hit de...

Auralie,
Since I got my start with Windows (though I did get a chance to experience
DOS) I've always been comfortable with it.  Besides, I think I am a very
graphic oriented person.  I just don't like everything hidden from me
because the program writer thinks it'll scare me or something.

The semi-automatic, manual override 35 mm camera I mentioned was an Olympus
OM-10 which I got in 1978.  I remember practicing with it, bracketing my
shots and taking notes that I could compare with the prints when I got them
back.   Ha!  I had selected different focus points from the same spot, near
and far.  I had also selected different f-stops for several shots of running
water.  When I opened the envelope I only had a few pictures.  The place
that developed them had been running a promotion which went something like -
you never have to pay for bad pictures, even if they're your own fault.
They either didn't print them or threw them away.  Charged me a lot less,
but I needed those "blurry" pictures!

I liked the idea of semi auto focus because I could still point and shoot
when necessary (cats don't always sit still long, nor do bugs) but with all
the manual options I was still able to take the time to compose the
close-ups I wanted.

Kitty