From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 4:14 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bug id

Chris, you had my hopes up, but that doesn't appear to be it.  These
little PacMan types don't appear to leave anything in their wake, other
than eventual devastation.  They just sort of carry a small tuft of
cotton behind them.  I found several more today on a variegated dogwood
bush. Up close and alive, they do have the markings shown in my pics but
they seem to round themselves into a helmet shape. Thanks for trying,
though.  I'll keep looking, but I just can't get a decent photo of them
with my camera.