Re: Sam now Jamie

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Sam now Jamie
  • From: "Andrea H" <hodgesaa@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:26:02 -0400

You guys, I had to tell you all the great news. I got a phone call today
from a very close friend. our friend Jamie was on his way home after 6
months in Iraq. He was planning on surprising his wife. Their whole family
is coming in this weekend for the 4th, but she wasn't expecting him to leave
until the 7th. We all got to their house about 5:00. he called pretending to
be still in Iraq and asked to to look for some papers for him in their
closet. as she was looking he was walking down the hall talking to her. I
think she almost fainted when she saw him. We all stood and cried, and
rejoiced that he made it home in one piece. Their Blackhawk helicopter was
attacked on the way out, and he finally made it to Germany and then the US
some 22 hours after leaving Iraq.

Because the whole family is coming in, I took it upon myself to make them a
reservation at a bed and breakfast downtown for the
night................they left after visiting with us for a couple of hours,
we fed him beer and pizza and chatted, but then sent them on their merry
way. Jamie wanted roses sent to the room for his wife so we took care of
that too. It felt great to be able to do SOMETHIGN for him! I'm so happy for
them. And so thankful that he and Sam made it home!

Just had to share

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC