Re: Prayers needed now actually sex/violence in society

re: sex ad naseum in media--

Have any of you seen the scary stuff in the media lately about the
latest rage among teenagers? Sex parties...on the school buses, in the
locker rooms at school, at parties/dances, etc...and something called
"Friends with Benefits"...as in sex between friends is the benefit. No
formal boyfriend-girlfriend relationship involving romance or
love...just casual sex to relieve stress. My twelve year old neice told
me the other day about how even those little rubber bracelets that kids
wear have become sexually identified...each color represents a different
sex act and if a boy pulls one off the girl's wrist and it breaks, then
she "has" to do that act with him. Much of what I've been
reading/hearing about this disturbing trend in casual sex among
teenagers seems to imbue the males with all the power in these
situations and that worries me...I mean we're talking twelve and
thirteen year old girls being socialized to believe that they "have
to"...

I think I'll lock my three kids up until they are about thirty-five...can a Mom do that?

But an interesting twist to all of this...teen pregnancy rates are the lowest they have been in decades.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein