Black beans and mango

salad. Had another one tonight. Looks like they will become a staple around her for the next few weeks. One of our mango trees is just now kicking in with ripe fruit.

Tomorrow, though, we're determined to go to the Myakka River Oyster Bar and eat a couple of dozen steamed Apalachicola Bay oysters. It's one of our long-standing treats--and the end of a long odyssey for Ms. Fatma. When I first met her, she would only eat them fried and thought I was some sort of cannibal [read "pervert"] because I ate them raw.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4
Zone 10a