self-sowers

Lets forget the nasty bug for now and mention something of a positive note.
I'm used to finding volunteers of perennials and even some annuals like moss
rose.  But today in my tender perennial bed I found seedlings from last
year's Alternanthera and Pelargonium.  The new leaves on the Alternanthera
don't indicate for sure whether it will retain the skinny leaves of the
original, but it does have the red-purple color.  The Pelargonium seedling
definitely has come true - at least the leaf.  This is last year's AAS
winner, Black Magic Rose.  The leaves have a burgundy zone with green edge
and so does this seedling.  Maybe I should try saving the seeds this year.

Of course I have seedlings there too of Marvel of Peru.  Someone on the list
sent it to me the year before last, maybe Zem.  I only planted one plant in
that bed but it got huge.  This year, being lower on funds, I put 8 plants
in that I started indoors (from more of the same seed she'd sent me
previously.).  However, volunteers are coming up too.  I'm going to have a
huge bed of this stuff!

Oh the wind, rain, and lightning are here now.  I'd better sign off!

Kitty