RE: game for the day....

LOL!- I don't care how quick anyone guesses.... as long as we get them
named, besides Zem gave it the first try! :)

The minute I read Chris post I knew the first one was right...
remembered the name when I saw it...

The monarda is lighter than the American wild bergamot, but probably is
the same one... just growing conditions may be throwing me.

Lavatera- definitely a seeder. Problem is I never had one here and
neighbors don't do plants... so a bird or critter must have brought it.
Zone 8 eh? Hum.... was thinking of trying to move it, but doesn't sound
like it would make it over the winter.

Centaurea- most of these I am familiar with have a... what I call--
pineapple shaped stem where the flower comes from-- This one does NOT.

Sweet pea- it is not a re-seeder. It is the same plant roots returning
each year. I have attempted to allow it to trail up but not really in a
place to do that... so I used a pole, therefore the roots are in the
same place for the last three years. Definitely not in a sheltered area
either.. so it would have to be hardy here.

I really think the Rudbeckia is a cross of last years crops... I had the
blanket flower and Indian Summer, both of which didn't come back...
along with native coreopsis and purple sneeze weed, that did come
back....  Wish I was a better photographer cause it has one root system,
yet very different flowers when you look closely. Nothing was planted
remotely close to this last year, so .....

What do you win Chris.... well... a big Thanks!... need any divisions or
seeds from any? How about a tour of my yard? (Boy wouldn't that be nice,
I could get everything marked in an hour :) )..still thinking....what
would you like to win?