From: james singer [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:04:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now Billy's greed, was If you have already seen   this...

On Thursday, July 1, 2004, at 10:12 PM, Donna wrote:<br><br>> So what
the kind that would bore the socks off anyone who was not into <br>the
subject. For the National Academy of Sciences I wrote books about
children <br>in a variety of different settings, an analysis of infant
mortality, an <br>analysis of how federal research dollars are allocated
among large and <br>small, pubic and private, universities and
corporations; for the <br>Investor Responsibility Research Center I
wrote analyses [two books] on <br>how institutional investors voted on
investor-sponsored corporate <br>governance questions at corporation
annual meetings; for the USDA <br>Forest Service and the USDI Bureau of
Reclamation,<br>pesticide safety manuals... the list goes on and
book part. I also wrote three radio shows per week for <br>four years.
Many chapters of text books, and lots of other stuff. The <br>most fun
things I wrote were a series of op-ed page essays about the <br>blue of
wild chicory flowers, the time my favorite cow broke a horn and
started writing poems when very young and by the <br>time I finally got
to university, was publishing a lot of them. Masses <br>& Mainstream
[the old commie monthly] called me the best [got that? <br>BEST! What an
enormous overstatement that was!] poet of the Beat <br>Generation.
Wasn't true; didn't work. There were a few persons ahead of <br>me. The
first book my poems were published in was titled "Four New <br>Poets."
Besides myself, they were Richard Brautigan [author of "Trout
successful <br>works], Martin Hoberman {who disappeared in Mexico before
the book was <br>published], and Carl Lar

sen, who went on to write syndicated newspaper <br>columns and
essentially silly books, like "Even the Dog Won't Eat My
done?<br><br>Yeah. I haven't been abducted by a UFO and, you know,
the National Academy<br>> of<br>>> Sciences hired me to write a couple
of books for them.<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com