From: David Franzman [mailto: dfranzma@pacbell.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:16:46 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Prayers needed

Hey, has anyone seen CSI? They routinely show dismembered people.
It's<br>been a favorite of my wife's because it's a crime show but one
time that I<br>actually watched it I was so appalled and made such a
fuss that my wife just<br>turned the channel. I will never understand
Franzman<br>A Touch of the
Tropics<br>www.atouchofthetropics.net<br>----- Original Message -----
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 12:36
you are both so right. Sometimes I'm appalled at what I<br>> myself
accept as "not so bad" or "normal" these days. I usually back
up<br>and<br>> go wait a minute, that's a horrible thing to show on TV,
or say on the<br>> radio, etc. Even the morning shows now are full of
things that were simply<br>> not tolerated when I was a child. I can
remember the first time I heard<br>the<br>> word 'damn' on TV and was
amazed. And yes, freedom of speech has turned<br>> into say anything you
want, no matter how vile, obscene (although those<br>> REALLY smart
people in DC still haven't clearly defined that word) or even<br>>
ludicrous. That's another thing that amazes me, the TV shows that
people<br>> watch not for the violent content, but for the sheer
stupidity of the<br>> content. Just don't get it. OK, I'll stop.<br>>
Message ----- <br>> From: "Judy L Browning"
<judybrowning@lewiston.com><br>> To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent:
Friday, July 02, 2004 11:36 AM<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Prayers
you? I am apalled my what<br>my<br>> > grandkids all preteen, accept as
"normal" based on what they see on the<br>> > tube.<br>> > From: "Marge
Talt" <mtalt@hort.net><br>> > > Personally (showing my age), I think TV
and Hollywood are<br>> > > exacerbating the situation and our freedo

m of speech (which I value)<br>> > > has been distorted as a permission
to produce worse and worse violent<br>> > > trash for consumption by
younger and younger humans...after a while,<br>> > > the horror subsides
and they become inured to violence; think it is<br>> > > normal...then,
that spills over into other aspects of life. Consider<br>> > > the
prevalence of road rage and other sorts of "rages" that seem to<br>> > >
happen every day now.<br>> ><br>> >
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com