RE: can we talk container gardening?

I'm a bit obsessive about not throwing away a cutting or a division.  I
try to pot up all the left overs.  Luckily I've started my summer
vacation (I'm a teacher), but my first week off I was home with walking
pneumonia.  I was sick all of June and dead tired, but was trying not to
resort to antibiotics.  As soon as school was over I gave up the fight!

I'm keeping a photographic record of my gardens.  I try to take photos
of individual plants in various stages of growth.  I have my whole
garden divided into about 35 garden areas.  I set up folders for each
and put the digital images I take into the folder for each garden.  It
is very satisfying to have good garden records.  All of my 320+
daylilies have metal stakes with labels with the plant name ,
hybridizer, and introduction date.  I will eventually submit my garden
as a National Daylily Display Garden. It will have to be accepted by the
regional VP. I've got many of my hostas and other perennials labeled as
well, but I use less obvious markers on those.

Long Island, NY
Zone 7