Re: todays events....

Re > came home with a van full.

So did we!  7 of us (MG Nursery Group) visited Fernwood and Stonehouse
today.  One woman bought a couple of plants at Fernwood, but they really
didn't have much. The one I liked was Iliamna rivularis, Mountain Hollyhock,
which they told us had been propagated by Russell Stafford.  They gave us a
nice tour and it's beautiful place, but Stonehouse is where we laid out the
big bucks:

16 Heuchera sanguinea 'Snow Angel', Coral Bells
16 Hydrangea paniculat 'Pink Diamond'
22 Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate', White Snakeroot
32 Forsythia koreana 'Kumson', Korean Golden Bells
32 Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet', Virginia Sweetspire
32 Phlox paniculata 'Franz Schubert'
32 Sambucus racemosa 'Sutherland Gold', European Red Elderberry
32 Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Moonlight', Japanese Hydrangea Vine
32 Stokesia laevis 'Mary Gregory', White Stoke's Aster
32 Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate', Spiderwort
32 Vitex negundo var. heterophylla, Cutleaf Chaste Tree
32 Weigela florida 'Argenteo-marginata Variegata'

Those listed above are all 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch pots and will be grown on
for resale.  We were also able to get 16 gallon items for ourselves:

Abelia mosanensis, Fragrant Abelia
Astilbe chinensis 'Visions', Chinese Astilbe
Caryopteris 'First Choice', Bluebeard
Caryopteris 'Snow Fairy', Bluebeard
Heleborus orientalis, Lenten Rose
Leptodermis oblonga, Star Flower
Phlox pan. 'Blue Paradise'
Salvia lyrata 'Purple Knock-Out', Lyre Leaf Sage
Stachys monieri 'Hummelo', Betony

There was so much more there we would have liked to have had but many items
we saw were already spoken for so we had to keep checking the availability
list and then deep sighs when we saw this or that prized item wasn't for
sale.  We also wanted to pick up a flat of Weigela 'Midnight Wine' that we'd
ordered last November, but they couldn't release it because they didn't have
the tags for it.  Something about Proven Winners having bought out Color
Choice and the contract for growing requires selling with the proper tags.