Re: Re: Re: Four O'Clocks, wedding..

Ya know...I went back and read it after you wrote this...you're right.
It sounds funny. Almost like a Steve Martin movie of some sorts. I felt
like Goldie Hawn the whole day...I wanted to go hang out with "that
generation" but kept being pulled into the conservative mode because I
was helping with the food and the kitchen making sure things went
smoothly...and watching my grandangel cause the second ex kept trying to
take her (I don't THINK so woman). I relate to the younger generation
much more than the older ones who are stuffy. They all think I'm "cool"
LOL. One of they guys took his hand out of his pocket and an illegal
pipe of some sort fell out and my husband said, "YOU ARE SO BUSTED!" and
I just started laughing my butt off. I mean really....our new son in law
has a following of "groupies' because he was in a band for a long
time....hard rock band. So....the "crew cut" sat next to the "long
hair". Kind of funny.

Donna <justme@prairieinet.net> wrote:
You made my day Jesse..... loved to hear that this type thing happens to
folks other than me... realize that is it not funny..... but sorry, I am
chuckling inside :)

> As for the wedding....you have to know that (A) I come from a very
> dysfunctional family, (B) my husband's two ex's are dysfunctional and
> way "out there", (c) my stepdaughter and her new husband are from "that
> generation" as my husband puts it...so half of the wedding guests were
> rather conservative...and "that generation" made up the other
> half...(facial piercing, tattoos all over, dressed rather oddly...and
> when you walked out back of the reception hall...the smell of pot was
> THICK let me tell ya). I had to make my sister go home because she had
> too much to drink (act surprised) and was hitting on my brother-in-law
> (who is very married). The mother of the bride (husband's first ex) had
> not eaten all day, took a Valium before the wedding and proceeded to get
> totally trashed at the reception (not a pretty sight) and the second ex,
> who really had no business being there but she invited herself, was
> hovering around trying to mingle and most of them wanted nothing to do
> with her.
> BUT...the ceremony itself was nice. (deep breath) So...that's one
child down and five more to go. I hope the others wait awhile.