Re: Re: todays events > acclimation

well I don't see any responses, so here's my 2 cents worth....

I never take a plant from a greenhouse and plant it in the ground...
doesn't matter what plant or size. They need to harden off, even in
July. Even if the sun and temp isn't the issue, the wind is.

Are these small plugs you are talking about? Or 4inch pots? If they are
plugs, I would pot up... if they are 4 inch pots (or there about) they
should have been repotted already from the initial growing media,
probably twice already, so no I wouldn't do the extra work.

I am known to hold everything, waiting for who knows what, so have
adapted to bury many 4 inch pots in the holding bed. They don't dry out
as fast or need as much water. Might want to consider that too...

Just my thoughts....and I am not an expert. Would like to hear what others do...

Donna