Re: Re: Four O'Clocks, wedding..

Oh yes...I did the shower and helped plan the food and coordinate. They
got married on the 2nd of July but did not leave for the
cruise/honeymoon till Monday so on Sunday we had the new in-law family
and our family (parents, brothers, sister, aunts, etc) at our house for
a cookout, drinks and fireworks. The groom's, mother, father and
stepmother were there. That was funny to watch too.

Well, the dysfunctional part would be: the second ex wife who is no
relation to the bride or groom, and when my stepdaughter lived with her,
they HATED each other, and yet she was escorted down the aisle like she
was FAMILY for Pete's sake. NOBODY wanted her there but my stepdaughter
didn't want to "hurt her feelings" so when she invited herself to the
wedding...Nic said "well....O.K.". This is the woman who spread horrible
rumors about my husband and his family that were not true....yet oddly
enough...continues to impose at our family functions.

AND...the people in my family and my husband''s ex who can't seem to
function in this world unless they have taken some sort of drug or have
a glass of alcohol in their hands...or worse..they've MIXED them...and
become so obnoxious you can't stand to be around them. Remember the old
toys you got in the gum machine...the black and white scottie dogs that
were magnets? and if you pushed one towards the other it would scoot
away? Well, that would be my sister or my husband's ex...they would come
into a room and you could see people start to scoot out of there....they
would continue with this scenario until somebody had to say "I think
you've had enough...go home and sleep it off". My sister left. The
ex...well she made a scene and was there until the last person was gone.
She was out back drinking shots of Yagermeister (I KNOW I didn't spell
that right). That stuff is like Tequila...it'll will kill ya after a few
shots. UGHHH.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
So what was the dysfunctional part?

Since this was your stepdaughter, did you have any part in the planning of
the event?

Kitty