Re: Re: Four O'Clocks, wedding..

Second wife and I observed this in her family [it was her idea]. Patriarch, matriarch Irish-Catholic roles. Seven kids, most of them dysfunctional. Right about not talking--when there are patriarchs and matriarchs, there's not much use.

On Thursday, July 8, 2004, at 04:34 PM, Kitty wrote:

Generally not too overtly bad. It is typical Irish dysfunctional, but not
related to drink as non-Irish might think. More along the lines of not
talking about anything and by so-doing, it doesn't exist. Causes a lot more
problems than you might think.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Bell" <silverhawk@flash.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: Four O'Clocks, wedding..

OHMYGOSH Kitty...that's horrible. Geeeeez Louise. So....your family and
my family sound related?! Are we cousins? Feel free to jump in there
Andrea...(Andrea and I trade stories about our family all the
time...LOL).

Jesse

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
Re > > Well, the dysfunctional part would be:...
Jesse, I was being facetious when I asked. However, your fleshing out the
material was pretty interesting, so, if I were to say I still didn't get
it,
maybe you'd tell us more? ;+)

To balance this I can add that my older sister decided to kill herself on
my
wedding day (didn't succeed) apparently because I asked her to make a
turkey. The turkey was the simplest thing I could come up with for her as
she kept asking for something to contribute. Then for my second wedding I
came darned close to trying to kill myself, so yes, I can relate.

Kitty