Re: Sad News

In a message dated 7/9/2004 7:04:04 PM Central Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
But for one as special as your Violet, oh, the tears!

She was the tiny kitten rescued by our police officer two years ago.  He
found her sitting in the middle of the highway at night during a rain storm.  He
picked her up so she wouldn't be hit and brought her to me at 11:30 p.m.  I
also have her twin, Pearl, who is missing her right now.  I do, however, have
this philosophy that death is just as big an event as birth and is the natural
order of things.  While I will miss her, I am so grateful for all the happy
memories she has provided.  I am also very interested in what the necropsy will
show since she was exclusively an indoor cat.   I can also identify with what
you did for the cat who was killed on the road.  I once picked up one that had
been hit and was still barely alive.  It was a frigid day so I put him next to
me in front of the car heater and petted him the 50+ miles to the emergency
vet.  He had severe brain damage and had to be put down, but, like you, I
provided him with some warmth and compassion.