From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Andrea H
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 10:27 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] More Sad News

This seems to be this time of year y'all. My beloved Damascena, my boxer
has been slowly failing. She began some massive swelling in her back
legs on Friday. My Vet met me at his office this morning, and after
examining her he thinks she has lymphoma, or if not, something worse.
He's got her on prednisone so reduce the welling, and if it's not
lymphoma she won't respond to the prednisone at all. This is basically a
tactic to give me a little time to get used to the idea that she won't
be here, and to make her comfortable. I refuse to put her through any
chemo treatments, etc. So, 1-2 months, or maybe just a few days if she
doesn't respond. Even if she does, eventually she won't respond to the
pred at all.

The funny thing is, she's as happy as she can be, fairly comfortable,
and wants to play. I'm the one who's a mess. Can't seem to stop crying
for more than a few minutes at a time. I'm just going to spend as much
time with her as I can. Thanks for listening. She's almost 11 and I knew
this would happen someday, just wish it wasn't so soon, and happening so
fast. A

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC