RE: Re: Need a pet prayer...

HOORAY!!! I am so thankful for vets...truly. And believe me...our vets
know us very well too...with all of the critters we have. My husband
just added a dozen more guineas and a peahen and peacock. Yeh...we
really need the peacocks....oh well. NOW..the guineas I'll take...they
are the BEST bug eaters. I have not had much of a bug problem this year
because of the 6 we already had...and they cover 25 acres! Love em.

Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net> wrote:
Many thanks to all who sent well wishes and sent prayers. I do believe it
has made a major difference. This a.m. when Rayna took Blue to the vet, his
temp was still 105 F. They too gave him a quick ice bath and gave him a
shot of antibiotics and lasiks (sp?). After an hour his temperature was
still at 104 F., so they started to suspect a secondary infection. They
started a different antibiotic in his IV and within an hour they had his
temp back to normal. They did an X-ray and found that his heat stroke had
lowered his resistance and he has a mild pneumonia. He'll be sleeping a lot
for a few days, but with the air working now and the daily meds, the vets
think he will make a full recovery.

Our vets are very compassionate, but I've never seen all three of them pitch
in at the same time before. I guess Blue's personality makes folks want to
make over him and care about him. Otherwise, I'd just say I'm a bit
prejudice when it comes to Blue. We've always dog sat him, worked to help
potty train him, ring train him and generally just enjoy him. He's about
the most affectionate, gentle, ugly looking critter (said lovingly) we've
ever had. When Rayna moved back in for a couple of years, we had Blue all
the time and he really wormed his way into our hearts. I think Blue is
about 6 years old now and although the average age for a bulldog is 10, we'd
all sure love to keep him around longer, and not just for the beautiful
puppies he's sired! (Oh, and he's a great dad, too. You should have seen
him with Kira's and his puppies!)

Thanks again to everyone!!! You are all so special to me!

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)