Re: harvesting seeds

In a message dated 7/15/2004 2:10:24 PM Central Standard Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

Kitty,  not all of us were lucky enough to have phonics.

They sure didn't teach phonics as such when I started school.  I  was just
lucky enough to have great teachers who taught us how to use a  dictionary and
the pronunciation guide in it.  Later I did learn the  phonetic alphabet and
still use it when I learn new words.  I just wish  there was a guide to
pronouncing the botanic names of plants. <LOL>  Although, Alan Armitage said
pronunciation is not important as long as you get  all the letters in the right order
-- or something to that effect. I do correct  my grandchildren on pronunciation
and grammar because I think you are more  likely to be believed if you at
least sound like you know your subject.  :-)