From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 8:10 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] plants... the last of them for this year....

Ceres (or anyone),

How big is your Lespedeza? It has about a 4ft space alloted, although it
is small now. How fast does it grow?

The heuchera was a throw in, somehow it reminds me of a dieing plant.
Trying to pair it up with something, but nothing struck me as -- yep,
that will go nicely together. So those weho have it or seen it in a nice
setting, what did they use with it?

Donna

> Donna, you have some favorites (that list is very long) of mine.
>     Lespedeza is so graceful and full of bloom is stunning.  Just
> allow
> plenty of room for mature size.  Mine has been moved once and now
after a number of
> yrs it is battling for space with a very large (I keep thinking it is
surely
> mature size) Royal Star Magnolia.
>     The Heuchera is one I just cannot bring myself to purchase but I
was in a
> garden last night and this looked very nice.
>     The buckthorn is so fringy & airy adding a nice texture to the
garden.
>     Heptacodium is a greater bloomer.  I am growing mine in tree form
rather
> the more commonly shrub form.  The tree form shows off the great bark.
It is

http://www.hort.net/funds/