Re: Is it an Aloe?

Kitty, I went and looked at my Aloe 'Hey Babe' that is blooming right now.
The colors are
similar but the shape of the floret is different.  Of course there are many
species and cultivars of aloe, and I have several, but 'Hey Babe' and 'Flurry'
are the most floriferous,
and neither has florets shaped like this.  They are much more tubular, with
only a tiny
fringe of petal points.  Then I looked in Exotica which confirmed the tubular
shape of
the florets.  Also, the leaves usually have much more substance than the
plant in
your picture, and are usually notched or serrated on the edge.  I don't know
your plant is - browsed Exotica but didn't see anything similar - but I don't
think it
is an aloe.  But then, I could be wrong.

In a message dated 07/17/2004 2:05:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,