RE: AGM awards

Not challenging anything here.... but! (and I say this with limited
knowledge, maybe someone else will chime in with more facts or correct

The main reasons for using a pdf is due to compatibility and
copywriting. You can open it via the reader in any system. Not all
programs can do that.

The reason for the larger file is it saves all the blank spaces as if
they were a typed area. Why you ask? Formatting, it keeps the info lined
up the same on everyone's screen/printer.

Try it yourself with a page off the internet for instance of someone not
great at building a site (use any of mine :))..... Now change your
screen sizing defaults... it will look different in every one that is
not a pdf file. Although I have nothing to do with this site, the one
for the railroad convention is having that problem currently. The
registration form looks great on the screen, but try printing it...
everything is all over the place, the file in area is in two lines,
nothing is margined.... He has been working on it for a week...not sure
if it is fixed yet. www.21NGRC.com

You should be able to change the printed surface of the paper by using
the advanced options on your printer software.

Costly- yes, but isn't every program that works expensive?  Most times
if you change your marco settings in windows, you can do anything to a
pdf file.