hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
 Navigation
Articles
Gallery of Plants
Blog
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Patents
Mailing Lists
    FAQ
    Netiquette
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
Links
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

Unauthorized use of a plant doesn't invalidate it's patent

RSS story archive

Re: AGM awards


> I do enjoy your conversations though, and really wish I had more time
Not to worry - we'll keep you posted if there's something important.  Thanks
for popping in!
Kitty

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
To: "Donna" <justme@prairieinet.net>
Cc: "'Christopher P. Lindsey'" <lindsey@mallorn.com>; <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] AGM awards


> On Jul 17, Donna wrote:
> > > I'm not sure if you meant writing copy, or copyrighting.  :)  If the
> > > former,
> > > yes.  Most systems can output PDF, so it's universal, and, as you say,
> > > compatible.
> >
> > Both :)... even if you have the software, you can make it unchangeable
> > (locked)as in official documents.
>
> OK.  But not in the legal definition of the word, because it doesn't
matter
> if it's scribbled on a napkin or in PDF format for that.
>
> > Maybe they were thinking of those on a dial up.... a full download might
> > take an hour or two to get. An index on the first pdf would have been
> > helpful.
>
> But since most of the file size is the embedding of fonts, if they used
> the same fonts throughout all chapters the size difference should be
> negligible.  In fact, by making each chapter separate they're forcing me
> to download the same font 48 times!
>
> A detailed index would've been helpful though, you're right.
>
> > I knew you would know the 'correct' answers :) Feel free to jump in the
> > conversations anytime... Speaking for the group here, we would be happy
> > to hear from you more often... but understand that you are also a very
> > busy person....:)
>
> I hate to say it, but you guys are just too chatty for me.  :)  I get
> over 1000 messages per day just at Mallorn that aren't spam (3000 counting
> the spam), and I just can't keep up.  I try to read through the archives
> every once in a while, but I usually get lost pretty quickly.
>
> I do enjoy your conversations though, and really wish I had more time to
> be part of the 'family'.
>
> Incidentally, I only mentioned this because I wanted people to know why
> I selectively answer messages.  :)
>
> Chris
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!
> http://www.hort.net/funds/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!
http://www.hort.net/funds/



Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index



 © 1995-2015 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement