Re: Jim's new picture links

You're welcome, Jim.  Took a look at mine today and it has one
totally white leaf as well ; not as large as the one on your plant
and the smallest leaves are totally green with my largest leaves
having large blotches of green and white.  Also thought it was time I
potted it up as it looks like it has stems coming from two locations
in the pot now.

I saw this in Raleigh, NC when I went to the Aroid Extravaganza
weekend 2 years ago, at the Butterfly Museum's glasshouse.  It was
about 12 or 15' tall; leaves about 3' long - totally fantastic.  It
was lust at first sight.  Had a hunt to find it, but finally located
a guy in Florida who got me one.  Mine will never get as large as the
one I saw in Raleigh because I don't have a heated, humid glasshouse
for it, but the foliage just sends me.  The one in Raleigh's stems
were almost pure white with some green streaks....think I put a photo
of them in that article - well, a piece of them as they were so tall.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :