Re: Reel Mowers/string trimmers

That's one reason I have an electric one. You just flip a switch.

On Saturday, July 17, 2004, at 08:26 PM, cathy carpenter wrote:

My problem is starting string trimmers. Simply can't get those #@*## things to turn over!
Cathy
On Saturday, July 17, 2004, at 05:11 PM, Kitty wrote:

When I first started gardening I bought a string trimmer. I found it
awkward to use, but figured I'd get used to it. Part of the problem was my
height. Everything in this world is made for the comfortable use of someone
taller than I, which makes many things not-so-comfortable for me.
Additionally, I didn't like the shredded look of the grass after whacking it
(this was when I was using a reel mower on the rest of the grass which left
nice clean cuts). I eventually sold it. I do my edges with hand shears
now. I realize this would not be feasible for some of the larger lots that
many of you have.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: <EvaTEsq@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Reel Mowers

In a message dated 7/17/2004 5:33:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:
Try edging with a string trimmer, Eva. That's how most of the pros do
it.
I did try that, but the string trimmer is not my friend. I do not do that
very well. It's hard to me to maneuver for some reason.

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

http://www.hort.net/funds/