Re: Daylilies

> never seen daylily as two words.  I think that would add to the
> confusion with the liliums, don't you?

Chris, you wouldn't believe how many people I've run into who think
daylilies are lilies!  I end up showing them the differences in the leaves
and stalks and explaining the underground parts and they go, "Oh...I see".
However, I don't think these same people would necessarily think that the
following are actually Lilium lilies:

Impala Lily......Adenium
African Lily.........Agapanthus
St. David's Lily......Allium porrum
Lavender Globe Lily........Allium tanguticum
Pink Porcelain Lily.......Alpinia zerumbet
Ginger Lily.......Alpinia
Parrot Lily.........Alstroemeria psittacina
Peruvian Lily........Alstroemeria aurea
Chilean Lily...........Alstroemeria chilensis
Jersey Lily.........Amaryllis belladonna
Blue Funnel Lily........Androstephium caeruleum
Australian Yellow Sword Lily.........Anigozanthos flavidus
St. Bernard's Lily............Anthericum liliago
Spider Lily.......Anthurium
Cobra Lily.........Arisaema utile
Rock Lily, Rienga Lily.........Arthropodium cirratum
Victoria Fringed Lily...........Arthropodium milleflorum
Palestine Lily.....Arum palaestinum
Wreath Lily.........Asparagus, asparagoides
Perching Lily...........Astelia

And that's just the As!!!