Re: Doctor visit

Really? Which drug is that? I want to ask my doctor if it's right for me. Hey! already got nose bleeds and headaches.

On a somewhat sober note, Florida's AG, who is a Democrat [and a perpetual thorn in the side of the Gov], thinks drug manufacturers are inflating cost to gouge the Medicaid program.

On Wednesday, July 21, 2004, at 02:47 PM, David Franzman wrote:

I always have this vision of people wasting the doctors time with questions
about drugs that have nothing to do with them at all. As if the doctors
aren't busy enough. One of the side effects of a certain drug is rectal
bleeding. I would have to have a very horrible disease to put up with
rectal bleeding as a side effect!

DF

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Doctor visit

I think their marketing teams have decided that just giving a hint like
that
will encourage your curiosity, which stimulates interest so you will ask
your doctor. Then, since the subject has been brought up, he/she'll
discuss
its benefits with you. Otherwise, he may be too busy to bring it up.
Even
if it is not applicable to you, the more often your doctor hears a patient
ask, "What's this Nexium I've been seeing on TV?", the more it reinforces
the brand name in the doctor's head and the greater the likelyhood he/she
will prescribe it when indicated.

Kitty