Re: Slugger pic now cat names

In a message dated 07/22/2004 10:18:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
OrangeCat, Orange Kitty - don't we have great imaginations when it comes
> > pet names?! :+D
> >
> > Kitty

Our current four are Nick and Sandy (Nicholas and Alexandra), Jane and Lottie
(Lady Jane Grey and Princess Carlotta from a Dorothy Dunnett historical
novel).  When Nick was a
kitten we also had his sister named Nora, but she died and we acquired Sandy,
who is
his niece - offspring from another litter from the same mother.
Previous cats have included T.S. (Eliot); a mackeral tabby with white feet
and front, who just appeared one day; Phineas Finn (Trollope character), a
classic tabby known as Finny
and his brother Domino (because he was black with two white spots on his
tummy.  At
the same time we had Clover, the red female who had so many kittens, and
Spike, a
grubby kitten someone's dog, literally, brought in. The kids named him Spike
his short, stubby tail stuck straight up like one.  His kittens by Clover
included Nelly
(Naily) who was a dear tortie - ugly as sin but one of the sweetest cats
ever.  We found
good homes for most of Clover's 17 kittens, but kept Nelly and one of her
red tabby sons by Finny named Parkay (he wasn't butter).  That takes me back
about 30 years.  There have been others, but you get the idea...