Re: Doctor visit

> From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
> Agree, but making money off medication and people's misery has been
> tradition since way before the days of the medicine wagons and
snake
> oil salesmen of the Nineteenth Century.
----------

True, Cathy, but it's now big business and instead of just the odd
snake oil salesman, it's every facet of medical treatment - or so it
seems to me.  I keep wondering what happened to that old Hypocratic
oath........realizing, of course, that those with more resources have
always had access to better treatment, but still.  I can remember
when doctors actually spent some time with you and seemed to have
some interest; now that seems to be unusual.  I can also remember
going to the doctor when they seemed more interested in what was
ailing you than what insurance you had.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade