RE: today now weeding or lack of....

Well mine didn't get nearly that far away, but it did sprout between two
pavers bricks. Doubt there is any way short of mass reconstruction to
move it. Seen a few more in-between the rocks around the pond, but they
are much shorter and not blooming yet- also doesn't have soil there
other than a tad of debris. The roots must be trailing down into the
pond, since there is a thick liner under those rocks. Quite interesting
I thought.

Another item that sprouted in the same deck area is Hibiscus palustris,
well it sure looks like the other plants leaves- (budding now)- For
years I saved seeds, left seeds, did everything and could never get one
started.... hum...

So my thoughts are:--- forget the potting soil and assorted rules of
propagation... just throw the darn seeds into gravel and/or brick/rock
areas and they will grow.....