RE: Slugger pic now cameras

The link provided by Marge is a great starting place. They also have a
forum for asking questions or used too...

David hit the most important part of digital cameras... the batteries!
Make sure they are rechargeable. I also carry a spare battery when out.

My father used to say- buy the best you can afford. But remember the
most expensive is not all ways the best.

I had sony for years, took great photos but finally wore out. It was
replaced with a Nikon. I like the idea of being able to change the lens
on the Nikon for certain photos. It has the capabilities from manual
settings to fully automatic...but it was also expensive and I don't
think took any better of a picture than my old sony (shame I couldn't
have gotten that one fixed).

Another item that is important to me, memory area. I like ones that the
cards(Nikon) or something (sony used floppies) that are removable.
Nothing like being on a trip and finding the camera full and no where to
download the pictures too. With a removable device, you can have another
spare card and continue on.

Technology is great, but looking at my upcoming 10 day trip... even with
1 1/2 GB of space combined on cards... I have to drag the laptop with so
I have somewhere to download the pictures too....currently looking for a
good case to hold both the camera, extra lens, flash, cds, and laptop
all in one.... Geesh.... told DH the other day, maybe I should just
forget bringing a camera :)

Donna